Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the oexmanns invade england

my family is in the midst of a much overdue reunion. we were fortunate enough to get together ten american relatives organized enough to travel to england for the oexmann art award this year. we rented a house in steeple ashton, and have spent the last week visiting family friends and relatives.
here are some pictures from the last few days (including some from the art show)

my adventure started in lexington, with a mini-reunion.
trudy, sarah, maria, charles, james, me, tommy, amy and phil had dinner at trudy's house.


charles and his girlfriend maria.


trudy made tommy a belt!



the first night in england.
daddio at michael and larrisa's house.


grandpa reading the paper, while maria helps james swim.


larissa with james and maria.


grandpa making a joke!


my second cousin sasha. he is almost two.


my mom with james in mary's kitchen.


grandpa in tesco buying bread.


everyone at lunch at the black swan in devizes.


st mary's. the church where my grandparents were married.




the vicar's wife. we had to pee so we knocked on her door, she then made tea for all ten of us. it was amazing.




charles, maria, and me.


my grandmother's grave.


this should be a good enough fix for the moment. ill be sure to upload some more pics from the award later this week!

No comments: