Friday, August 15, 2008

ira glass is my best friend these days

i have been catching up on this american life the last few days. it really is a spectacular radio show, i find myself relating the stories to my everyday life and relating my everyday life to these stories. maybe someday i will actually be on the show! probably not... ive also discovered the all songs considered concert series podcast, so ive also been catching up with those. im currently reading a multitude of sins by richard ford, it is a collection of short stories. the package from my parents finally arrived as well so i have been testing out my watercolor set. the set used to belong to my grandmother and the case was made during WWII. a true gem.

things around here are picking up the pace a bit. ive started working at cafe e torta (www.caffeetorta.com.au), next week will be my first official week. they have me part time at the moment so about 14 hours over two days which means i can get another job. i will probably get another part time job, all of that combined with the catering and babysitting should be more than enough to live on. especially since i can cover my rent with the cafe e torta shifts. i applied for a job at the melbourne recital hall, just for front of house staff, but should be pretty interesting if i get it.

this weekend has/will be pretty busy as well. i went out with my roommate hannah and her friend nicole last night. we went to a place called manchester lane, which was located on manchester lane. there was a salsa band playing so we did a bit of dancing then headed home. tonight megan's friend is having an olympics party so pat and i will be going to that. tomorrow there is a footy game, al is taking us. should be a pretty game from what i have heard. i dont know much about australian football, but going with a real aussie should be good.

here are some pictures of my new house:
again sorry there will be no new pics my connection keeps getting reset. i will try again with the next post.

2 comments:

Ricardo Baca said...

good luck with the new job, girl. sounds the radd. and $250 in one day? that rules!

pat said...

BE MY SUGAR MAMA