Friday, August 8, 2008

is this new move just to keep moving?

throughout all my moves the last few years i have come to realize a place can have some impact on your life, however it is the people you meet that can really make or break the majority of your experience. the relationships i have had throughout the years have shaped me in so many ways it is almost a bit scary. i have learned what i will put up with from people, learned my own personal limits, and have had a lot of support from all kinds of people. that being said i think that for me once my travels have finished it will be best to choose a spot where i have a stronger connection to the place rather than worrying about my connections with people. friends come and go; it is important to be able to appreciate past relationships and look forward to new ones. i realize people are fleeting, i have the choice to keep people involved in my life or simply let them go. just because friends drift away it doesn’t mean i have to forget what a support they were at certain points in my life. i have always considered myself to be a reasonable person, and fairly independent. one of my biggest faults is i tend to clam up when it comes to my emotions, i have a horrible time expressing great interest in people for fear i come off as a bit weak. now im going to get to the point, i would like to thank anyone reading this blog. if you are taking the time to sift through my thoughts and adventures then it means that for most of you our relationship extends past physical contact. you have taken enough interest in my life to invest your time to check in on me, and when traveling that thought is more comforting than any of you could ever realize. sorry if i dont offer you the support that you have given me and just remember that i am always available for a talk (or couch! :P) or anything else i can give that you need.

please excuse me for being such a sap, but i stayed up until 5 am the other night sifting through these thoughts. i wanted to get them out there for you all to see, and i hope that this all makes sense.

5 comments:

N said...

Joan, I read your blog every week and check for updates daily. I have since you announced you were soon leaving to Australia. I have so enjoyed reading about your adventures thus far. Of course I miss you terribly and most of all, I miss our daily chats at the radio station about life, love, and school. But, I know how much fun you are having and I am sure there is so much more to come for you. Please keep blogging! I love it!

Ricardo Baca said...

everytime i see one of our mutual buddies (jenny at red rocks, stacy at 3 kings, katherine all over the place), we chat and catch up on the life and times of our friend joan. kick some ass, girl. own.

lindsaykraemer said...

I'm giving you a big hug all the way from Kentucky :D

~Kristie said...

Miss Joan the Adventurer,
I know we have not known each other long, but I truly enjoyed your friendship spring semester and think you are one of the coolest people I have met since moving to Boulder. It sounds like Australia is a blast and I enjoy learning more about you through your entries. When you are back we WILL go dancing, but until then be sure you show the Aussies how we do it in Boulder. Miss you!

Sam said...

The good news is that no matter what, in hindsight you're NOT gonna wish you were here (Boulder that is)

:p

I miss you and I love you and I am so happy when I get to hear from you, and even if for some reason we fall out of touch (DOUBT IT!) you are one of the most caring, fun, sweet, hilarious, ridiculous, amazingly wonderful people that I have ever met, and our friendship means so much to me. You are incredible!!! <33333